Naturopathic medicine blends natural therapies with advances in the science of health and human systems, covering all aspects of individual and family health from prenatal to geriatric care.
Naturopathic doctors (NDs) are distinct as the only primary care physicians trained in both natural and conventional approaches. Their approach emphasizes the prevention of disease and optimizing health, as well as treating acute illness and managing or reversing chronic health conditions. NDs work as partners with their patients, taking the time to listen to their needs and explaining the body’s function and response so patients understand and can actively participate in their health care. NDs strive to provide patients with the time, space, and answers they need to feel cared for and supported.
Naturopathic medicine focuses on individualized patient-centered care, emphasizing whole-patient wellness, prevention, and self-care. Naturopathic physicians are guided by principles that are based on the premise that healing is intrinsic to the nature of all living organisms. Those principles include:
● The Power of Nature – Support the body’s innate ability to heal and remove obstacles to healing and recovery to support this inherent self-healing ability.
● Identify and Treat the Cause – Seek to identify and remove the cause of illness rather than merely eliminate or suppress the symptoms.
● First Do No Harm – NDs follow three precepts to avoid harming the patient. (1) Utilize methods and medicines which minimize the risk of harmful side effects; (2) Avoid when possible the harmful suppression of symptoms; and (3) acknowledge, respect, and work with individuals’ self-healing process.
● Doctor as Teacher – NDs spend significant time educating their patients and encourage patient engagement in health and healthcare choices.
● Treat the Whole Person – Popularized now as “patient-centered healthcare,” NDs have always treated patients by taking many factors that contribute to illness/wellness, including mental, physical, emotional, spiritual, and environmental (conventionally referred to as the “social determinants of health.”)
● Treat the Whole Person – NDs emphasize the prevention of disease by addressing lifestyle, assessing risk factors, heredity and susceptibility to disease, and by making appropriate interventions in partnership with their patients to prevent illness.
We address a full range of health concerns, including:
- Anxiety & Depression
- Chronic Illness
- Digestive Disorders and Food Sensitivities
- Family Planning
- Gastrointestinal Distress and Gut Health
- Healthy Aging
- Heart Disease
- Hormone Imbalances
- Immune support
- Pain Management
- Pediatrics/Well-Baby Exams
- Preventive Care
- Skin Care
- STD Testing & Treatment
- Stress Management
- Women’s and Men’s Health
Naturopathic treatment and services include:
- Comprehensive lab testing and imaging
- Physical and wellness exams including annual screenings
- Diet and nutrition
- Botanical (herbal) medicine
- Homeopathy, including Constitutional, UNDA Drainage and Flower essences
- Exercise and movement therapy
- Counseling and stress therapy
- Hormone replacement therapy
- Injection therapy
- Pharmaceutical prescription
Ready to schedule?